KEEPING THE FUN IN OUR GAMES
- Treat gambling as entertainment, not a way to make money. The odds of any gambling product are such that over a period of time, the player will not come out ahead.
- Set a budget and stick to it. Research has shown that people who set a budgetary limit before they begin playing are much more likely to stop once they’ve spent the budgeted amount.
- Accept losses as the cost of entertainment-- don’t ‘chase’ them. All gaming products are based on odds and the outcome of the game can’t be controlled.
- Use only money from your entertainment budget to play. Do not use money intended for everyday expenses or borrow money to play games of chance.
- Balance gambling with other activities. The act of gambling shouldn’t be all encompassing and should be balanced with other activities of general interest.
Source: Atlantic Lotto Corporation